Fresh and Cleansing Drinks for Yoga Lovers
Herbal teas and natural smoothies are another great compliment to yoga! They help to calm the mind, clense the system and help you to unwind after a long day.
Herbal tea takes the shape of whatever tantalizes and tickles the taste-buds. A full spectrum from gentle hug, to potent & powerful, to spellbinding & blissed out - mood inducing tea
Herbal Tea Benefits
- Helping to calm the mind
- Caffine free herbal tea helps maintain heart health
- Great as a digestion aid
- Cleansing the body and organs
- Promotes energy and wellbeing
- Helps to strengthen the immune system
- Rich in antioxidants
- Helps to boost long term energy levels
- Helps to relieve stress
- Can protect against common illnesses such as cold and flu
- Certain herbal teas can improve quality of sleep
Common Herbal Tea Ingredients
- Slippery elm – Is known to relieve stomach cramps
- Chamomile – Is well known and widely used for its calming properties.
- Rose hips – Are full of vitamin C and bioflavonoids. They are great for protecting the liver and kidneys and are also help recovery from the common cold and coughs.
- Chrysanthemum – Has a sweet taste and is known to help protect against liver damage..
- Cinnamon – Is a spice we are all familiar with. It is known to support healthy blood circulation and digestion after eating.
- Ginseng – This powerful herb is known to boost energy levels and protect the body against toxins.
- Aniseed – This is a spice with a liquorice type of taste. Aniseed is great for aiding digestion and also freshening the breath.
- Ginger root – Can help to improve circulation, aid digestion, relieve nausea and even helps to sooth arthritis.
- Peppermint – is another well known ingredient and is good for stress relief, digestion and bad breath.
- Hawthorne – Is great for the heart muscle and is known to increase blood flow significantly.
- Lemongrass – is a popular herb which is used to calm the mind.
- Sarsaparilla – Is great for promoting healthy skin.
Smoothies using fresh fruit and vegetables are a great compliment to your yoga routine. They have many health benefits and also offer a great way to alleviate those sugar cravings!
Oh, and we're not talking about the ready-made evil Edna manufactured bottles (aka - modern day drug dealers – provides a hit, addiction, dependency, bankruptcy & it’s not even particularly good for you) – back to whizzing again – make your own – it’s a piece of ‘wazz’. Thanks Jamie.
Recipe: Blueberry and Grape (Green Crush)
A wonderfully sweet, healthy and refreshing drink to kick start your immune system.
- Romaine Lettuce
Faster to make than Usain Bolt running the 100m. Stick the ingredients in a blender then serve over a little ice.